Married parents of minor children who file for divorce or dissolution are required to attend the virtual Remember the Children program. The program is designed to educate parents about the effects of divorce on their children.
Judge Katarina Cook
The Remember the Children Program objectives are:
- Help divorcing parents become aware of the impact of divorce on their children, including the long-range effects that can stem from even subtle manipulation, abuse or neglect.
- Help divorcing parents become aware to the importance of communication with their children, and with the other parent, during the divorce process.
- Help divorcing parents become aware of techniques to promote communication.
- Help divorcing parents become aware of programs and services available in Summit County to assist them through this crisis
- Help divorcing parents understand their children’s social, emotional and developmental needs during and after divorce.